Terms and Conditions
The MathsNet A-Level User Agreement
1. Terms Of Services:
The terms set out here apply to all of the MathsNet A-Level web sites which include:
This MathsNet A-Level User Agreement (the "User Agreement") sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to your use of this group of web sites (herein referred to as "MNA"). If you do not agree to be bound by this User Agreement, please discontinue your use of the Services. BY USING THESE SITES, YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS USER AGREEMENT JUST AS IF YOU HAD SIGNED THIS USER AGREEMENT.
MNA reserves the right to modify or amend this User Agreement at any time without prior notice. Changes to the User Agreement will be available within the Site. By accessing the Services and/or submitting any text or other content ("Content"), to, including without limitation, website pages, private messages to other users and forums statements, you signify your agreement to this User Agreement as it has been modified or amended.
MNA reserves the right to amend and remove any content from the Site that it considers unsuitable, or contravenes any of the terms and conditions contained within this User Agreement. MNA may, without notice, suspend, ban and block offenders of this User Agreement from either accessing or contributing to some parts, or all, of the Site.
2. Conduct Required for Use of the Services:
It is a condition of your use of the Services that you do not:
- restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Services;
- post, promote, link to or transmit any unlawful, threatening, abusive, libelous, defamatory, obscene, vulgar, pornographic, profane or indecent information of any kind, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any local, national or international law;
- submit links within the pages of the Site to any other website containing content covered in (ii) above, or that use viruses, worms or trojan horses;
- post promote, link to or transmit comments containing harassing or offensive language, including sexual references, sexual nicknames, racial slurs or rude or deliberately offensive comments or engage in disruptive activities online, including spamming, scrolling (repeating the same message over and over);
- post, promote, link to or transmit any information, software or other material which violates or infringes the rights of others, including material which is an invasion of privacy or publicity rights or which is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or derivative works with respect thereto, without first obtaining permission from the owner or right holder;
- post, promote, link to or transmit any information, software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful component;
- post or transmit content that encourages or provides instructional activities about illegal activities;
- solicit other users to join, become members of, or contribute money to any online service or other organization, advocate or attempt to get users to join in legal or illegal schemes or plan or participate in scams involving other users;
- impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your professional or other affiliation with any person or entity;
- resell, redistribute, broadcast or transfer the information or use the information in a searchable, machine-readable database; or
MNA is not responsible for the delivery or quality of any goods or services sold or advertised by our sponsors within the Site. MNA is not responsible for any content, services or terms associated with, or contained by, any external website linked to from within this Site.
4. Links to Third-Party Sites:
This Web site may contain hyperlinks to Web sites operated by parties other than MNA. Such hyperlinks are provided for your reference only. MNA does not control such Web sites and is not responsible for their contents. The presence of hyperlinks to such Web sites within MNA does not imply any endorsement of the material on such Web sites or any association with their operators.
5. Disclaimer of Warranties:
Your use of MNA Services are at your sole risk. All Services are provided on an "AS IS" basis WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, CONSTRUCTIVE, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, NONINFRINGEMENT OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of implied warranties, so this exclusion may not apply to you in full.
6. Limitation of Liability:
MNA makes no guarantee of availability of Services and reserve the right to change, withdraw, suspend, or discontinue any functionality or feature of the Services. IN NO EVENT WILL MNA BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SITE'S SERVICES OR ANY CONTENT THEREON FOR ANY REASON INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, MNA'S REMOVAL OR DELETION OF ANY MATERIALS OR RECORDS SUBMITTED OR POSTED ON MNA'S SITE FOR ANY REASON. THIS DISCLAIMER APPLIES, WITHOUT LIMITATION, TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT, OR OTHERWISE, CAUSED; ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE; ERROR; OMISSION; INTERRUPTION; DELETION; DEFECT; DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION; COMPUTER VIRUS; FILE CORRUPTION; COMMUNICATION-LINE FAILURE; NETWORK OR SYSTEM OUTAGE; OR THEFT, DESTRUCTION, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF ANY RECORD.
7. Trade Marks:
All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, MNA are acknowledged on the website.
8. Licensed Material:
This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to MNA. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance, programming and graphics. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use MNA content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any MNA content except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of MNA content requires the prior written permission from MNA.
9. User Accounts
- Access to the bulk of the MNA content is via paid subscription (handled by Chartwell Yorke) and user accounts.
- Except where content is specifically free to view, users are only permitted to access the MNA content via authorised user names and passwords supplied by MNA.
- It is the responsibility of the account holder to ensure that their user name and password is kept restricted to only those authorised to make use of it.
- Any account found to have its user name and current password revealed in any unauthorised public form will have that password changed immediately without prior notice. An email containing the URL of the revealed details will be sent to the account holder's email address along with the new password. The account holder will be expected to prevent further breaches of such nature, consistent failure to do so may result in the termination of the account without refund.
The formation, construction and interpretation of this User Agreement shall be controlled by the laws of the United Kingdom. The U.N. Convention of Contracts for the International Sale of Goods is expressly excluded from any interpretation of this User Agreement. Any dispute relating to this User Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in the United Kingdom, and the parties agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts.
The headings used in this User Agreement are for convenience and reference purposes only, and shall not be used in construing or interpreting the scope or intent of this User Agreement or any provision hereof.